Sunday, May 2, 2010

memories

I dont know why but lately I have been thinking so much about my life as a child and all the past things that have happened to me in my life. It is so weird all of the things you remember when you set your mind to it. I just know that I had the best childhood and the best parents a child could ask for. Im remembering the time my dad bought me my first swing set and how happy I was when I got. It kept tipping so he cemented it into the ground for our safety. I also remember the time we went to the Unitas and saw a bear and Teresa kept yelling at me to get down the mountain cause I was only 3 ft away from the bear but of course me I did not listen I just kept asking why. And also the time when I was 5 my brother and sister both tried to tell me how healthy it was to eat bark from a tree they were so convincing that if it hadn't been for Diane I would have eaten it. I miss you guys good times. any way I don't know why I am thinking of all these times now but sometimes it makes me sad. Wishing I could go back in time and relive it all I guess in a way I am. lately I have been just way to sentimental.

2 comments:

  1. I get that way all the time. I hope your not sad, sometimes it's hard to look back on good memories and then see how things turned out.
    From everything I have heard about your childhood, it all sounds soo fun. Childhood memories are the best. It always feels like those were the best times, no matter how old you get, your child hood always seems the happiest. :)
    I love you a ton, and I am so happy that you can be a part of my little girls memories. I know she loves you a lot, and will be happy to be able to look back and have you in them as she gets older :)
    You should write down more memories, if not for us, then for you. I was actually just thinking today that I wish grandma had written or recorded her memories more. It's always interesting to see how people lived, and how they thought. Your grandkids are going to want that too :) Just a thought.
    Your special to us Patty!
    I love you so much!
    I will always be happy to hear all of your fun stories!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks alot alyse I think I will take your advice and write more down especially right now where they are fresh in my mind. Its crazy i have not been like this for a long time, but its kindof fun, looking back. And I am glad to be in aryns life I want her to know me I love that kid very much and you thanks for understanding. love you

    ReplyDelete